Sunday 27 August 2023

Fiesta Day by Berkley





This was one of the songs on the album where the title came first. It’s named after a day in my hometown that celebrates Latin culture and it’s one of those markers of the passage of the year that is meaningful if you’re from Pueblo. The song ended up being about growing apart from a close friend as we got older. I hesitated to get into the specifics of Fiesta Day or its history because that’s just not that interesting for a song and not really my story to tell. But the idea of time passing, getting perspective, and centering the town again felt relative to the Pueblo theme still. Lyrically I’m reflecting on how it’s best that we’re not in each other’s lives anymore but that I wish there was a way for that to be untrue — that wish for things to have worked out differently but accepting this is how it is. I gave myself the chance to treat our split differently knowing what led to it now. In Fiesta Day I say what I wish I could have said then.” 

Berkley

 

Capturing the bittersweet essence of drifting away from an old friend, the heartfelt Pop Rock ballad “Fiesta Day” by Berkley evokes a sense of winsome nostalgia.   The lyrics poignantly portray the growth and change that occur naturally in friendships and how despite growing apart the emotional connection lingers.  Yearning vocals and beautifully blended musical styles create a harmonious fusion of past and present with “Fiesta Day” weaving a tale of acceptance and moving forward. 






Links :

















No comments:

Post a Comment