Saturday 25 June 2022

She 1 . Him 2 - Fame


 According to Evan Nave of the band She 1 . Him 2, when asked about the bands recent release of David Bowie’s “Fame“, there is a very personal reason for the choice .

“As a kid, my mother and I would dance to that track every night. My mom was a huge David Bowie fan, and especially the Ziggy stuff. Her was her hall pass (laughs). I’ve heard covers of the track before, and I always wanted to take a stab at it. I tried so hard to find an electronic sound to make up for the wonderful guitars on that track, but it wasn’t happening.  One night, I got up the guts to ask Steven Seibold (Hate Dept./Pigface), who is a dear friend, if he wouldn’t mind tracking guitars for it. I jumped out of my chair when he agreed to and I knew we were onto something. He did a fantastic job and really made it more special than I even I imagined.“
 
A fitting tribute to and excellent reworking of the Bowie classic, She 1 . Him 2 have managed to put a fresh electronic spin on the song.  The vocals by both band members Nave and Bishop have an almost mischievously ominous air, accompanied by enhanced synthesizers and the excellent guitar work of Steven Siebold.  With extremely positive responses to the release She 1 . Him 2‘s quirky and enjoyable rework of Bowie‘s Fame is well worth a listen.  





Links :


No comments:

Post a Comment